country of origin : Sri lanka
industry : FINANCE
- A premier private sector commercial bank that has been acknowledged globally by The Asian Banker as the Best Retail Bank in Sri Lanka (2007-12).
- The Euromoney magazine named HNB as The Best Bank in Sri Lanka for the years 2009 and 2010.
- They notched up for themselves over 120 years and remain firm in belief that they must continue to be an integral facet in the lives of the Sri Lankan people.
- Came out with the country’s first housing finance scheme, Shanthi, which disbursing over LKR 15 billion, and the establishing over 154 Student Banking Centers.
- 1989: Acquired Emirates Bank International’s Colombo branch and their Sri Lankan Foreign Currency Banking Unit.