country of origin : ksa
industry : Food & Beverage
- 1977 saw the inception of Almarai.
- A fleet of almost 1,000 tankers, trailers, tractor heads and nearly 3,000 vans undertakes over 100,000 trips annually. They cover more than 190 million km to deliver dairy, juice, bakery and poultry products to 89 sales depots and 48,000 customers across 6 GCC states.
- 2007: entered the bakery products market by acquiring Jeddah-based Western Bakeries.
- 2009: Added poultry products to their portfolio through the acquisition of Hail Agricultural Development Company (HADCO). After investing in a worldclass production facility, they launcheda new premium poultry brand – Alyoum.
- 2009: launched a joint venture together – the International Dairy and Juice (IDJ) Company.