country of origin : VIETNAM
industry : IT & TELECOM
- Awarded as The World’s Top 100 Most Valuable Mobile Telecoms Brands and the Best Service Provider of the year in Emerging markets.
- Currently has operations in six markets across Asia, Latin America and Africa, covering a total population of nearly 170 million people.
- Introduced 3G services in early 2010, including video call, mobile broadband 3G, TV mobile, video-on-demand and online music.
- Controls almost 90% of the market, with the rest controlled by Vietnamobile with 8%, Gmobile (formerly Beeline) with 3.2% and S-Fone with 0.1%.
- Viettel is the only provider in some remote parts of Vietnam, such as Meo Vac.