country of origin : QATAR
industry : FINANCE
- Commercial Bank was founded in 1975 as a designated ‘Bank of Account’, providing valuable support as Qatar’s first private sector bank.
- By 1982, it had developed plans for its new head office and by 1985 the Bank had orchestrated a 10% share purchase of the Paris International Bank.
- In the year 1987 they had opened its first dedicated branch for women in Qatar.
- Commercial Bank of Qatar won several internationally recognized awards, including the Citi Performance Excellence Award and the JP Morgan Quality Recognition Award.
- Commercial Bank has a robust financial position. They had total assets of QAR 80.0 billion on the 31st December 2012, and enjoy strong credit ratings